Monday, June 9, 2008

Play Dates...

I re-entered the world of "good moms" this weekend. Yes, it's true. I set up play dates for Kylie. Well, I shouldn't act like it was totally for her benefit. We moms all know that play dates benefit us just as much as they do our children, but in order to keep up appearances I will let you go ahead and think I took Kylie out to play with friends just so she'd be happy!

Anyway, Saturday started out with us heading over to my friend Shannon's house to play with her boys. She has three boys- a 4 year old and twin boys who are not yet two- and one precious baby girl that is Madeline's age. Now, for those of you who do not know Kylie, she is quite...motherly...otherwise known as bossy- especially with boys. We get there and she and Ethan (the 4 year old) went straight upstairs to play in his room. All was well and very quiet. After a bit they came back downstairs at which point Kylie starts dragging the poor kid around by the hand and saying "come on boy!" No joke...it was like something out of "The Princess Bride". "Fetch me that pail for water, boy." "Boy, sit down." Seriously...we need to work on the bossing. Poor Ethan. We were there for 4 hours, which Kylie absolutely loved, but I'm sure he was probly getting sick of. You can only be dragged around so much!!!

The morning was a nice break for me too! I got to talk to another adult who understands being totally physically, mentally, and emotionally from having a newborn and an older child. In fact, I'm sure because she has three older children that she is three times as tired as I. Regardless, it was nice to be able to sit and relate with a Godly woman who understands.

After we left it was time for a serious nap before heading to Grandma and Poppy's for Uncle Jordan's high school graduation party. It was a fun time and Kylie go the chance to play with some more friends outside. She was a filthty, sweaty mess by the end of the night because I'm pretty sure she ran for 4 hours straight! Oh, to have that energy!!!

I'm so glad that she got the chance to play this weekend. It's been a while since we have hung out with friends our age and it showed me a different side of my daughter...this social side of her that is so precious. She thanked me at the end of the day for taking her to play and as we were praying before bed she jumped in and said "Thank you, Jesus for friends". Maybe we need to play more often...

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I had so much fun!! We need to do this again.