Monday, May 5, 2008

I Have Arrived! Well, Kind Of...

I'm beginning to get this mother-of-two thing!!! Let me tell you about my latest accomplishment:

Today I got both girls up, out of bed and fed by 9:45 am. By 10:15 am all three of us were dressed and in the car on our way to the zoo to meet up with my friend Chrissy and the little girl she nannies. By the way, this was Kylie's second trip to the zoo (in her entire life) and Madeline's first. Kylie was so excited and she talked about what animals she was going to see when she got to the zoo (Penguins, tigers, lions and bears were among the most desired) and followed each statement up by saying "It's so fun!". She's a hoot!

Anyway, I digress...we got to the zoo by 11:00 am or so and began our journey through the penguin exhibit, through the bears, African animals, big cats, birds and sea lions and ended our morning at the zoo by eating lunch (which I packed at home). We got home by 2 pm and both girls managed to stay awake for the entire drive, which shocked me because Kylie looked soooo wiped out the entire way home.

Once both girls took naps, I made dinner, cleaned the kitchen, picked up the living room AND gave both girls baths!!! Yeah! I feel so domestic and like I am really getting into a routine with two girls here instead of just one. I mean, I always prided myself on the fact that even with working from home Kylie and I worked like a well-oiled machine. For the first time I have hope that the three of us will continue that trend! Yeah!!!! Go Edwards girls!


She quite obviously loves going out!


Such a sweet girl!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE that you started Blogging! I will now add you to my list of daily reads!